Monday, December 9, 2013

The Happiness Project

I am currently reading The Happiness Project. I love reading but have not been gung ho about a book in a while. I usually refuse to NOT finish a book even if I hate it, but as age creeps up on me I realize this is silly. So the last 4 books I don't think I finished b/c they were ehh.

When I first started the above book I was thrilled and excited b/c I was really enjoying it. The author seemed to hit on several notes that I understood. You know when you read a sentence and you are feel like the person finally articulated your feelings.

However, as I have gotten further in I am conflicted. I also feel like this could be a 1950's book on how to be a happy female. Please your mate, don't nag, make new friends. As of now I plan on finishing it. I will say there have been many tips that I have taken away from it and have been implementing and I am thankful for that. However, I just can't get away from that feeling that it is very simpleton as well as very "do a craft with your kids and enjoy that moment for life" - I guess it is sort of what that woman Glennon from the monkee blog wrote about, when someone told her to enjoy those moments and she was like fuck you.


I am looking forward to finishing the book b/c next up is the Book Thief and I feel like that one might keep me where I enjoy being while reading a great book.



1 comment:

  1. I'm usually that way about books as well. I've only not finished a couple of books ever. They have to be really BAD!

    ReplyDelete