Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mojo for running lost, replaced with weights

I am a runner, that is my thing. However, last November I joined a gym, some people call it a cult. I was hooked right away. There is something so different and unique about this gym and the 2 trainers that own it. I am in the best shape of my life.  Thanks to them.

The hard part has been getting back to a running plan. When I work on something I tend to get very focused on it. Leaving other things by the wayside. That is where I am with my running. This past January I started training for the NYC half - and again due to my focus, that was all I did, I did not cross train, I ran. I did tempos, speed, long runs. No matter what the weather was, I recall being on the track with snow and texting my coach/friend that I can't believe I am doing this. She was proud. I rarely missed what she gave me. Rain/snow/sleet/mother effing cold. I did it. It paid off, I ran a PR at NYC half, and I felt awesome about it. Not just PR time wise. A PR b/c I was better at pacing myself and not being scared to push and go for it and BELIEVE that I could do the pace I was doing. I was able to push out the negative thoughts and have positive thoughts.

I have no desire to do that training again. I don't want to be out there in the cold. I don't want to do long runs. But mostly it is the cold. I was so on last time that I know I just don't want that in January.

I hope the mojo comes back. I have some goals to complete at the gym with my strength - so i am sure once that is done, I will pick a race and get back at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment