Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Restful day

As a Mom I find that guilt free rest is rare. Yes I may sit down and rest but it is usually accompanied by a feeling of wow I suck, I should be doing laundry, cleaning out the pantry closet, calling an old friend. ANYTHING but resting.

However, I found the guilt free way. Get sick. YEP. I have full on head cold with chest congestion and I am going to park myself on the couch and NOT feel bad about all the things I am not doing. Even gave the pass of a no workout day which is hard for me. But listening to my body and all is good. Going to enjoy it and not be upset about it. Since it is rare.

A friend of mine once told me that her Mom told her guilt was a selfish emotion. I believe I could feel guilty about anything. Which means I must be one selfish bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment